Monday, June 10, 2013

DJ, Turn It Down.

Two years ago today, my heart was broken by an absolute coward of a man who spent most of our relationship lying to me and cheating on me.

"I can't be your boyfriend anymore."

That was it. That was the text I got that ended our time together.

There's a line from some song I heard a while ago that stuck with me:

"Until now, he told me her name. It sounded familiar in a way. I could have sworn I'd heard him say it ten thousand times, if only i had been listening..."

He had been cheating on me with his best friend for the better part of our relationship. Megan was her name, and they're still together. Good for them, I guess. Assholes deserve assholes. When I found out about her, I asked him why he didn't just break up with me. He told me that he didn't want to hurt me.

Hello, jackwagon. This shit hurt a lot fucking worse than just breaking up with me would have. Dumbass.

Anyway. Sometimes, it's almost like that year of my life never even happened. I think about him, but I don't really remember him. All I remember is the lesson he taught me - You can love someone with all of your heart, but make sure you hurt them before they hurt you.

Douglas Scott Batchler, Jr., I wish I could hurt you the way that you hurt me. In fact, I hope someone does someday. I hope you fall so far in love with some girl, and that she fucking destroys you, just for the hell of it. And then I want to high five the ever-loving shit out of that woman.