Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Gotta Keep Your Face Up

After reading Allison's Tumblr post earlier, I was sort of inspired to open up about something that I've never told anyone about. I have Asperger's. Moderate, but active. I function more efficiently than most of those affected by it, but it still controls everything that I do. Einstein had Asperger's and look where it got him. Same goes for Woody Allen, Beethoven, Alexander Graham Bell, Bob Dylan, Thomas Edison, Bobby Fischer, Henry Ford, Alfred Hitchcock, Thomas Jefferson, Carl Jung, Mozart, Andy Warhol, and so many other people who we, today, see as geniuses, innovators, and idols to the masses. My IQ is 193. I stutter. I know all 743 of my contacts' phone numbers by heart. I have no social skills. I'm okay with all of this, because this? This is my life. Welcome to it.


Comments have been left open for this post. Feel free to leave a comment, anonymous or otherwise, below.

6 comments:

  1. Did not know this! So is it hard for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Living? No. I mostly just breathe, eat, and sleep. Nothing too hard about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant living with aspergers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. It's not hard. I've been doing it my entire life. I function around it, with it, and through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This is my life. Welcome to it." may just be the best two sentences ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are friends on facebook, and I absolutely love reading your posts, I think we connected because of our passion for wrestling, but the way you communicate and present yourself, I would have never guessed. You are definitely on the path to fall in line with the rest of the greats on the list, I am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete